WARRANTY LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
THE WARRANTY SET FORTH IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERS, ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT WILL TARACEA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE A PRODUCT. NO REPRESENTATIVE OF TARACEA OR ITS DEALERS IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY CHANGES TO THE LIMITED WARRANTIES.
No two trees and no two pieces of our furniture are identical. Small, natural fissures and grain variations are part of what makes your Taracea furniture so unique. Fine furnishings will often develop a patina over time, so this is nothing to be concerned about. Although we manufacture our furniture to resist sunlight and temperature fluctuations, heat and humidity should always be avoided.
1. The warranty is void if the Company’s product is modified or altered in any way after shipment by the Company.
2. The Company reserves the right to modify a product from its original form displayed on showroom floors or in catalogs. Such modifications are not considered defects under the warranty.
3. The warranty applies under conditions of normal residential usage. It does not apply to defects or damage resulting from negligence, abuse or misuse – including but not limited to inadequate or improper maintenance, exposure to water, salt air, chemicals, accidents, any use for which the product was not designed, or commercial use (including rental, business, commercial, institutional or any non-residential use), nor does it cover ordinary wear-and-tear.
4. Because of the natural materials used in the manufacturing process, and the fact that the Company’s products are generally handmade, minor variations will occur from piece to piece. These are not considered defects under the warranty.
5. Sunlight will cause wood, finishing materials, and fabrics to change color – these changes are not considered defects under the warranty.
6. Extremes in temperature and humidity can cause both wood and finishing materials to shrink, swell, warp, split, and glue seams to fail. These conditions are not considered defects under this warranty.
7. The Company strives to provide an accurate representation of the finishes, fabrics, and materials displayed in its catalogs and on our website; however, due to changes in lighting and a wide variety of resolution qualities on different computer monitors and printers, some color variation is possible. To determine the exact color of a finish, fabric or material, we suggest that you request a sample.
8. This warranty does not cover floor samples or other products designated “as is” or “final sale” at time of purchase.
WARRANTY CLAIMS PROCEDURE
1. All claims that a Company product fails to comply with an express limited warranty described above (a “warranty claim”) must be communicated by the customer to the authorized dealer from which the product was purchased. The dealer then will collect the warranty claim information outlined in this procedure and submit the warranty claim to the Company for resolution. In the event the dealer from which the product was purchased is inaccessible or if the purchase was made direct to Taracea, a customer may submit the required warranty claim information directly to email@example.com.
2. The Company shall determine in its sole discretion whether to allow or deny a warranty claim.
3. If a warranty claim is allowed, the Company in its sole discretion will decide whether to replace or repair the product.
4. If the product will be repaired, repair instructions along with necessary parts will be shipped to the dealer and the dealer or a qualified third party will undertake the repairs.
5. If the product is to be replaced, the Company will ship the replacement product to the address where the original item was initially shipped to within the continental United States.
6. Taracea will not cover any related additional costs including bit not limited to apartment installation cranes or international shipping.